Arsene Wenger needs Alexis Taurus to induce Arsenal back within the Champions League
Arsene Wenger has told Alexis Taurus to fireside Arsenal back to the Champions League when insistence the Chile international won't be sold this summer.
Sanchez solely has one year left on his contract at the Gunners and hinted he had created his mind up to depart when stating his need to play within the elite European competition.
That has given Arsenal a perplexity whether or not to benefit on the forward or probably see him leave at no cost next summer, a risk they seem happy to require.
Wenger, speaking prior Wednesday's friendly against Bayern Muenchen in China, told reporters: "The call has been created and that we can keep on with that."
Asked what the choice was, Wenger added: "The call isn't to sell."
advertisement
The boss insisted he didn't attach abundant significance to his star player's comments, wherever Taurus same it absolutely was his "dream" to win the Champions League.
"I don't offer an excessive amount of importance to things that area unit translated," Wenger same.
"The whole interview, that I got, didn't very mean that [he solely needs Champions League football]. the most focus for us is on the Premier League, that for me is more important than the Champions League.
"We sometimes rested players in the group stage of the Champions League
for the Premier League, so that has become the biggest importance for
us.
"We have played 20 years in the Champions League, 17 years before Alexis
arrived and three years with him - he can get us back in there."
Sanchez is attracting interest from the likes of Manchester City and
Paris Saint Germain and when questioned last week, appeared to suggest
his future lay elsewhere.
''I've already taken my decision, but now I depend on Arsenal and to see what they want,'' Sanchez told Canal 13 in Chile.
''My idea is to play in and win the Champions League. It's a dream that
I've had since I was small. For now I'm at Arsenal and my contract
finishes in another year.''
Arsenal have already made a statement of intent this summer by signing
France forward Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon for a club-record fee.
Wenger said the eye-watering sums being spent in the transfer market
come from selling clubs demanding large figures from Premier League
teams.
"For the amount of money that the Premier League spends, it's linked
with the fact that when people know that you have money, they wish a heap from you," Wenger same.
"That's simply a truth and also the consequence of the Premier League being made. That explains the (transfer fees)."

0 التعليقات: